Monday 21 May 2007

Monday-itus Special Blend

I may have mentioned that I am not a morning person. I get this terrible ringing in my ears;- 'mum you gotta get up for work its Mondayyyy'...
Good job Bec & I put this special blend together the other day - I dab some on when I get out the shower and by then I'm rearing to go.. (or maybe thats the caffeine kicking in..) anyway, give it a go if you too suffer from Monday-itus.
Grapefruit essential oil is regarded as an antidepressant in aromatherapy, helping to encourage positivity and boost self-confidence. Just massage a few drops of this zesty blend into your skin after a bath or shower (from 'Aromatherapy' by Jennie Harding).
In 4 teaspoons carrier oil (basic oils are fine, ie. olive or sunflower, but try to use cold-pressed and organic if possible) add 4 drops grapefruit essential oil, 2 drops de-stressing Neroli and 2 drops strengthening Frankincense.
Neroli is a bit on the expensive side for me at about $28 for 6ml, so I left that out. If you add 4 drops circulation-stimulating rosemary instead, this blend can then double-up as an anti-cellulite toner in trouble-some areas.

No comments: