Sunday 4 November 2007

Chilli Chicken Stirfry


Ooh, this is so yummy and healthy - and only takes about 10-15 mins to throw together. Chop some onion and garlic and fry gently in a bit of olive oil. Add some thin strips chicken breast or thigh fillets, and cook until tender & golden. Add a good amount of finely diced vegetables. I use a bag of frozen stir-fry veg from Aldi, if I'm trying to put a meal together at the end of a very long day. I always see what's in the fridge and maybe add some diced capsicum, celery, zucchini, broccoli and some baby bok choy/spinach from the garden too. Then just stir in a a good dollop of hot chilli - fresh if you have it, or get those jars or they come in tubes now, 1/4 cup teriaki sauce and a good dash of honey. If you have a fresh jar of sprouts make sure you throw those in. You can also add 1 tbspn of fresh coriander if you like it - personally I can't stand the stuff and I can whiff it a mile away. Serve with rice.

No comments: