Sunday 2 December 2007

Learning New Stuff

Had a burst of inspiration recently (!) Doesn't happen too often now so thought I'd make the most of it. Decided to learn 2 new things - one is crochet. Got this great discounted book when I was at the bookshop the other day. I've seen these natural cotton dishclothes & faceclothes around, and thought they'd be great to make for the home and to give as gifts with home-made soap. It's very relaxing to sit and do - I learnt the basics in one evening; this is 'seed stitch' but they're all just variations of the basic stitches. Really wished I'd paid attention now when Auntie Brenda was trying to teach me crochet many years ago....
The other thing I'm going to try and learn next year is to play the guitar. (Great relief from my family - the violin episode was very painful for them apparently!)

No comments: