Wednesday 16 January 2008

*#$^LUNA PARK@#**

We went along to the 'Friday Night Lunacy' at Luna Park - Sydney last week. Awesome fun!!Whats awesome about it is the old & the new combined - part's of it - like 'Coney Island' are unchanged from the 1930's when it first opened to the public. And the setting - right next to Sydney Harbour is spectacular.

Some great photo opportunities....

Sydney really is a stunning City.... well, it is when you only visit it once every couple of years!!

Dan and I went on the ferris wheel and enjoyed the best views of the harbour.


The Old and the New...


Coney Island is the original old-fashioned fun house, and the kids had just as much fun in here as on all the new rides (... except I don't know why they kept saying to me 'this is so cool mum... can't believe this is all they had when you were young...) !! Hello - the 1930's!!!
So that's why they made me go on all the new rides - they wanted me to know what I'd been missing out on...


Don't you just hate those girls walking around with big buff boyfriends and the biggest stuffed toys of all... well they didn't have 'hook-a-duck' so I couldn't impress the kids...


Right - those new rides I mentioned; this was one of them. I tried escaping at the last minute but to no avail. We weren't even strapped in - just standing up holding onto these bars infront of us; no worries though, we were pinned in place due to the centrifugal force.... I think some of these ride designers were recruited from the special forces - 'we have ways to make you talk' unit. OK...feeling slightly queasy by now... but only 4 more hours to go...







We're just working out who's birthday it is next so we can go back and do it all over again......!!

2 comments:

Kez said...

We used to go down there with the guides (back in the umm 1990s) - it was great fun! I'm not much on rides anymore though - I get dizzy turning around once since I had Billy!

....Lisa said...

..hehe..me too. Kids can be VERY persuasive though!